Crunchy Chicken Tenders with Cauliflower Mash
Nonstick cooking spray
cups packed cilantro leaves and stems (about 2 3/4-oz.)
cloves garlic, peeled
tablespoons olive oil
tablespoons lime juice
small head cauliflower (1 1/4 lbs.), cored and chopped (3 cups)
large Yukon gold potato (10 oz.), peeled and diced
teaspoon ground cumin
cup plain yogurt
teaspoon ground black pepper
chicken breast tenderloins (14 ounces total)
Cilantro leaves (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. Place cilantro, garlic, oil, and lime juice in a blender. Cover; blend until just smooth. Set aside.
- Place the cauliflower and potatoes in a 4-qt. Dutch oven. Add enough water to cover. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 20 to 25 minutes or until very tender. Drain and return to pot, reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid. Add reserved liquid, cumin, and 1/2 tsp. of the salt to the cauliflower mixture; mash with a potato masher. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until heated through.
- Meanwhile, place yogurt in a shallow dish. In another shallow dish stir together cornmeal, the remaining 1/4 tsp. salt, and pepper in another shallow dish. Dip chicken in yogurt and then dust with cornmeal mixture to coat. Arrange on prepared baking sheet. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until no longer pink (165 degrees F).
- Serve chicken with cauliflower mash and top with cilantro pesto. Garnish with additional cilantro, if desired.
Nutrition Facts(Crunchy Chicken Tenders with Cauliflower Mash)
- Per serving:
- 305 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 6 g monounsatured fat),
- 65 mg chol.,
- 749 mg sodium,
- 27 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 4 g sugar,
- 26 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet