Crocked Chili Mac
- In a large skillet cook ground beef, onion, and garlic over medium-high heat until meat is brown and onion is tender, using a wooden spoon to break up meat as it cooks. Drain off fat.
- Transfer meat mixture to a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker with a car adapter. Stir in chili beans in gravy, tomatoes and chiles, broth, sweet pepper, tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, and salt. Cover and cook on high-heat setting for 2 to 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again. Transfer cooked macaroni to a storage container. Drizzle with oil; toss gently to coat. Cover and chill until ready to leave home.
- Tightly cover slow cooker and tote in an insulated carrier. Tote macaroni and, if desired, cheese in an insulated cooler with ice packs.
- At the tailgating site, plug slow cooker into car adapter and keep chili warm on warm-heat setting. About 10 minutes before serving, stir macaroni into chili to reheat. Stir before serving. Sprinkle each serving with cheese.
From the Test Kitchen
4- to 5-quart slow cooker with a car adapter
Insulated cooler with ice packs
Nutrition Facts (Crocked Chili Mac)
- Per serving:
- 569 kcal cal.,
- 27 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 11 g monounsatured fat),
- 81 mg chol.,
- 933 mg sodium,
- 51 g carb.,
- 8 g fiber,
- 8 g sugar,
- 31 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet