Creme de Menthe Brownie Bites
- In a medium saucepan cook and stir butter and chocolate over low heat until melted; cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over edges of pan. Grease foil; set pan aside.
- Stir sugar into chocolate mixture. Add eggs, one at a time, beating with a wooden spoon after each addition just until combined. Stir in creme de menthe, if desired, and vanilla.
- In a small bowl stir together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture, stirring just until combined. Spread batter evenly in the prepared baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Using the edges of the foil, lift uncut brownies out of pan. Cut brownies into 1-inch squares. Spoon Creme de Menthe Topping into a decorating bag fitted with a very large star tip. Pipe a large star onto each square. If desired, sprinkle with edible glitter.
From the Test Kitchen
Place brownie bites in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Creme de Menthe Topping
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and butter. Beat on medium speed with an electric mixer for 30 seconds. Gradually beat in 1 cup of the powdered sugar. Beat in creme de menthe. Gradually beat in remaining powdered sugar. Beat in desired amount green food coloring and up to 1 tablespoon of additional milk, if needed, to make the filling slightly thicker than a frosting.
If desired, substitute 2 tablespoons milk and 1/2 teaspoon mint extract for the creme de menthe.
Nutrition Facts(Creme de Menthe Brownie Bites)
- Per serving:
- 67 kcal cal.,
- 3 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 13 mg chol.,
- 36 mg sodium,
- 9 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 8 g sugar,
- 0 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet