Crispy Chipotle Bean Burritos
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a medium saucepan heat oil over medium heat. Add the 1/2 cup green onions and the garlic; cook about 3 minutes or just until green onions are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in beans, corn, rice, 1/2 cup of the tomatoes, the cheese, and chile peppers. Set aside.
- Unroll phyllo dough; remove one sheet of the phyllo dough and place on a flat surface. (As you work, cover the remaining phyllo dough with plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out.) Lightly coat the phyllo sheet with cooking spray. Lay another sheet of phyllo dough on top of the first sheet and lightly coat with cooking spray. Repeat with two more sheets to make a stack of four sheets. Repeat with the remaining phyllo sheets to make two more stacks. Cut each phyllo stack in half crosswise to make six stacks total (each 9x7 inches).
- To assemble burritos, spoon about 2/3 cup of the bean mixture along one long side of each phyllo stack, leaving about 1 1/2 inches of space on each end. Fold short sides up and over filling; roll up phyllo around filling, starting at the long side. Place burritos, seam sides down, on a large baking sheet. Coat tops of burritos with cooking spray.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until tops are golden brown and filling is heated through. Serve with the remaining 1/2 cup chopped tomato and the sour cream. If desired, sprinkle sour cream with additional green onions.
From the Test Kitchen
Because chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the peppers, wash your hands and nails well with soap and warm water.
Nutrition Facts(Crispy Chipotle Bean Burritos)
- Per serving:
- 323 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 18 mg chol.,
- 429 mg sodium,
- 47 g carb.,
- 6 g fiber,
- 2 g sugar,
- 14 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet