- Makes: 12 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Chill: 4 hrs
- Cook: 7 hrs to 8 hrs (low)
Creme Brulee French Toast
Disposable slow cooker liner
ounces challah or sweet bread (such as Portuguese or Hawaiian sweet bread), cut into 1-inch cubes (about 9 cups)
eggs or 3/4 cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed
Caramel ice cream topping, warmed
- Line a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Place bread cubes in prepared slow cooker.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together milk, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and salt. Pour over bread cubes in cooker. Press bread lightly with the back of a large spoon to moisten bread completely. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 4 to 24 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 8 hours or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Turn off cooker. Let stand for 30 minutes. Carefully lift liner from cooker, using a plate to transfer French toast to a cutting board. If desired, slice French toast to serve or spoon it into serving dishes. Top with ice cream topping.
Nutrition Facts (Creme Brulee French Toast)
- Per serving:
- 231 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 33 mg chol.,
- 287 mg sodium,
- 39 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 7 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet