Creamy Turkey Soup
- In a 6-quart slow cooker combine potatoes, mushrooms, onion, and celery. Top with turkey. Add broth, thyme, and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 9 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 1/2 to 5 hours.
- Transfer turkey to a cutting board; use two forks to pull turkey apart into shreds. Return to cooker. In a small bowl stir together evaporated milk and cornstarch; stir into mixture in cooker. If using low-heat setting, turn cooker to high-heat setting.
- Cover and cook for 45 to 60 minutes more or until bubbly on edges. Stir in green onions and lemon juice.
- If desired, serve topped with nuts and/or cranberries.
From the Test Kitchen
To toast nuts, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread nuts in a single layer in a shallow baking pan. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until light brown, watching carefully and stirring once or twice.
Nutrition Facts (Creamy Turkey Soup)
- Per serving:
- 188 kcal cal.,
- 1 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 0 g monounsatured fat),
- 39 mg chol.,
- 487 mg sodium,
- 18 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 7 g sugar,
- 26 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet