- Makes: 6 servings
- Serving Size: 4 halves per serving
- Start to Finish: 20 mins
- Cut the jalapeno chile peppers or miniature sweet peppers in half lengthwise. Remove the pepper seeds and ribs. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl stir together cream cheese, green onions, chipotle pepper, salt, and black pepper. Gently stir in the tomato.
- To serve, spoon the cream cheese mixture into the pepper halves.
Because chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the peppers, wash your hands and nails well with soap and warm water.
Prepare as above through Step 2. Cover and chill for up to 24 hours. Serve as above.
- Per serving:
- 111 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 29 mg chol.,
- 205 mg sodium,
- 4 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet