Creamy Peas & Ham
1/2-inch-thick slices country bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes ( 1 cup)
tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil
tablespoon minced garlic
teaspoon freshly ground pepper
medium shallots, chopped (1/2 cup)
cups sugar snap peas, strings removed (10 oz.))
ounces cooked ham, diced (1 cups)
cups frozen peas, thawed and patted dry
cup whipping cream
cup coarsely chopped fresh mint
tablespoon butter, sliced (optional)
- In a large bowl toss bread cubes with 2 Tbsp. oil, 1 tsp. of the garlic, 1/4 tsp. of the salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper.
- Heat a 14-inch flat-bottomed wok or 12-inch stainless-steel skillet over high heat. Add bread; stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes or until toasted. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate; set aside.
- Swirl remaining 1 Tbsp. oil into pan. Add shallots; stir-fry 1 minute. Add remaining 2 tsp. garlic, sugar snap peas and ham; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until sugar snap peas are bright green. Add peas, remaining 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper; stir-fry 1 minute or until well combined. Swirl in whipping cream; stir-fry 1 minute or until sugar snap peas are crisp-tender and cream thickens. Stir in half the mint. Remove pan from heat.
- To serve, top with butter. Sprinkle with remaining mint and bread cubes.
Nutrition Facts(Creamy Peas & Ham)
- Per serving:
- 454 kcal cal.,
- 27 g fat
- (10 g sat. fat,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 10 g monounsatured fat),
- 73 mg chol.,
- 1293 mg sodium,
- 36 g carb.,
- 8 g fiber,
- 7 g sugar,
- 19 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet