- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 8 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups torn fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- 1 1/4 cups light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 4 ounce can diced green chile peppers, drained
- 6 7 inches whole wheat flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese or cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
- Snipped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Salsa and/or thinly sliced green onion (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large skillet combine chicken, broth, and black pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 12 to 14 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F); drain. Using two forks, shred chicken into bite-size pieces.
2. Meanwhile, place spinach in a steamer basket. Place basket in a saucepan over 1 inch of boiling water. Steam, covered, for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Transfer spinach to a sieve; press out excess liquid with the back of a spoon.
3. For filling, in a large bowl combine shredded chicken, cooked spinach, and the 2 tablespoons green onion. For sauce, in a small bowl combine sour cream, flour, salt, and cumin. Stir in milk and chile peppers. Stir half of the sauce into filling; set the remaining sauce aside.
4. Grease a 2-quart baking dish. Divide filling among tortillas; roll up tortillas. Arrange tortillas, seam sides down, in the prepared baking dish. Top with the remaining sauce.
5. Bake, covered, for 20 minutes. Bake, uncovered, about 20 minutes more or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. If desired, garnish with cilantro and serve with salsa and/or additional green onion.
- Servings Per Recipe 6,
- cal. (kcal) 251,
- Fat, total (g) 9,
- chol. (mg) 46,
- sat. fat (g) 4,
- carb. (g) 23,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 18,
- sodium (mg) 571,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet