Creamy Chicken-Broccoli Bake
Nonstick cooking spray
ounces dried medium noodles
pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
cups sliced fresh mushrooms
green onions, sliced
medium red sweet pepper, seeded and chopped (1/2 cup)
10 3/4 ounce cans condensed cream of broccoli soup
8 ounce cartons dairy sour cream
cup chicken broth
teaspoons dry mustard
teaspoon ground black pepper
16 ounce package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
cup fine dry bread crumbs
tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- Coat a 3-quart rectangular baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again.
- Meanwhile, coat an unheated large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat over medium heat. Add chicken to hot skillet. Cook and stir about 3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Transfer chicken to a large bowl.
- Add mushrooms, green onions, and sweet pepper to skillet. Cook and stir until vegetables are tender. (If necessary, add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil to skillet.)
- Transfer vegetables to bowl with chicken. Stir in cream of broccoli soup, sour cream, broth, mustard, and black pepper. Gently stir in cooked noodles and broccoli.
- Spoon chicken mixture into prepared dish. In a small bowl combine bread crumbs and melted butter; sprinkle over chicken mixture. Bake, covered, for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake about 25 minutes more or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts(Creamy Chicken-Broccoli Bake)
- Per serving:
- 336 kcal cal.,
- 15 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat,
- 79 mg chol.,
- 515 mg sodium,
- 29 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 21 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet