Creamed Spinach Bake
- Coat a 2-quart square baking dish with nonstick spray; set aside. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large nonstick skillet wilt the spinach in 1 tablespoon of boiling water. Transfer to a colander and squeeze out liquid with the back of a spoon; set aside.
- In the same skillet heat butter over medium heat. Add spinach and onion. Cook for 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in flour, tarragon, and salt. Add milk all at once and cook, stirring, until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat. Cool 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, stir together the cooled spinach mixture, 2 ounces cheese and egg yolks until combined; set aside.
- Beat egg whites with an electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight). Fold egg whites into the spinach mixture, half at a time. Transfer to prepared dish.
- Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- If desired, garnish with sour cream, tarragon, Parmesan cheese, and crushed red pepper.
Nutrition Facts (Creamed Spinach Bake)
- Per serving:
- 301 kcal cal.,
- 20 g fat
- (10 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 6 g monounsatured fat),
- 270 mg chol.,
- 631 mg sodium,
- 13 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 5 g sugar,
- 18 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Jennifer Brush 694 Days Ago
really good nice and light spinach recipe