Cranberry-Pumpkin Gingerbread with Sherry-Cream Cheese Drizzle
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch springform pan; place pan in a shallow baking pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, cornmeal, sugar, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and black pepper. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture forms coarse crumbs. Remove 3/4 cup of crumb mixture; set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together pumpkin, eggs, molasses, buttermilk, and baking soda until well combined. Add pumpkin mixture and the cranberries to remaining crumb mixture. Stir just until moistened. Spoon batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle top of batter evenly with the reserved 3/4 cup crumb mixture.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until a long wooden skewer inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool gingerbread in pan on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Remove sides of pan.
- Spoon Sherry-Cream Cheese Drizzle over warm gingerbread. To serve, cut gingerbread into wedges.
Sherry-Cream Cheese Drizzle
- In a medium mixing bowl beat cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until combined. Beat in powdered sugar, sherry, and vanilla until smooth. If necessary, beat in enough milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, to make glaze a thick drizzling consistency.
Nutrition Facts (Cranberry-Pumpkin Gingerbread with Sherry-Cream Cheese Drizzle)
- Per serving:
- 535 kcal cal.,
- 20 g fat
- (12 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 92 mg chol.,
- 355 mg sodium,
- 85 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 48 g sugar,
- 7 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet