For a Christmastime treat, sandwich this festive fruit combo between sugar cookies.
- Makes: 36 servings
- Serving Size: 1 tablespoon
- Yields: six 4-ounce jars
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Cool: 1 hr
- In a large heavy saucepan combine cranberries, the water, and orange juice. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 5 minutes or until cranberries pop. Remove from heat; cool for 1 hour.
- Transfer cranberry mixture to a blender or food processor. Cover and blend or process until smooth; return to saucepan. Stir in sugar and stick cinnamon. Bring to boiling, stirring constantly; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 25 minutes or until mixture is thickened, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Remove and discard stick cinnamon.
- Cool before serving. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or freeze for up to 6 months.
From the Test Kitchen
Ladle hot cranberry mixture into hot, sterilized 4-ounce canning jars, leaving a 1/4-inch headspace. Wipe jar rims; adjust lids. Process filled jars in a boiling-water canner for 5 minutes (start timing when water returns to boiling). Remove jars from canner; cool on wire racks. Makes six 4-ounce jars.
Nutrition Facts (Cranberry-Orange Spread)
- Per serving:
- 53 kcal cal.,
- 14 g carb.,
- 13 g sugar
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet