recipe Cranberry Sauce
cups finely crushed chocolate wafer cookies
cup butter, melted
8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
Sugared cranberries* (optional)
- Prepare Cranberry Sauce; cool to room temperature. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 degrees F. For crust, in a medium bowl combine crushed chocolate cookies and 1 tablespoon of the flour; stir in melted butter. Press mixture evenly onto the bottom and 1-1/2 to 2 inches up the side of a 9-inch springform pan; set aside.
- For filling, in a large bowl combine cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and the remaining 2 tablespoons flour. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Add eggs and milk; beat just until combined. Divide filling in half.
- Stir 3/4 cup of the sauce into melted chocolate; stir chocolate mixture into half of the filling. Pour chocolate filling into crust-lined pan, spreading evenly. Spoon plain filling over chocolate filling; swirl gently to marble.
- Place springform pan in a shallow baking pan. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a 2-1/2-inch area around the outside edge appears set when gently shaken.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Using a small knife, loosen crust from side of pan; cool for 30 minutes. Remove side of pan; cool cheesecake completely on rack. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours before serving. If desired, sprinkle with Sugared Cranberries. Serve with the remaining sauce.
From the Test Kitchen
To make sugared cranberries, roll frozen cranberries in granulated sugar.
cups fresh cranberries
cup cranberry juice
- In a medium saucepan combine cranberries, sugar, and cranberry juice. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until mixture comes to boiling; reduce heat. Boil gently, uncovered, for 3 to 4 minutes or until cranberries pop, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts(Cranberry-Chocolate Cheesecake)
- Per serving:
- 506 kcal cal.,
- 31 g fat
- (18 g sat. fat,
- 131 mg chol.,
- 323 mg sodium,
- 51 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 8 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet