- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 8 hrs to 10 hrs (low) or 4 to 5 hours (high)
2 1/2 pound boneless beef chuck pot roast
medium onion, cut into thin wedges
cloves garlic, minced
teaspoon ground black pepper
16 ounce can whole cranberry sauce
teaspoons finely chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
6-inch flour tortillas
Fresh jalapeno chile peppers, sliced (optional)
Lime wedges (optional)
- Trim fat from meat. If necessary, cut meat to fit into a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Place onion in the cooker. Add meat; sprinkle with garlic, salt, and black pepper. In a small bowl combine cranberry sauce and chipotle pepper. Pour over meat.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
- Transfer meat to a serving platter. Skim fat from onion mixture. Serve meat and onion mixture with tortillas. If desired, garnish with salsa, jalapeno pepper slices, and/or lime wedges.
Nutrition Facts (Cranberry-Chipotle Beef)
- Per serving:
- 419 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 75 mg chol.,
- 229 mg sodium,
- 61 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 30 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet