- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 cup puffed rice cereal
- 1 cup lightly salted cashews, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 10 ounces vanilla-flavor candy coating, chopped
- Dash freshly grated nutmeg or ground nutmeg
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Finely chopped cashews
1. Line a large baking sheet with foil; set aside. Place puffed rice cereal in a resealable plastic bag; seal bag. Using a rolling pin, roll over bag to crush cereal lightly. In a large bowl combine crushed cereal, the 1 cup cashews, and the cranberries; set aside.
2. In a medium microwave-safe bowl microwave candy coating, nutmeg, and cinnamon, uncovered, on 100 percent power for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until candy coating melts, stirring every 30 seconds. Pour melted candy coating mixture over cereal mixture; stir until thoroughly combined.
3. Quickly drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Let clusters stand about 30 minutes or until firm. In a small saucepan heat chocolate pieces and shortening over low heat until melted and smooth. Drizzle clusters with melted chocolate mixture. Sprinkle with additional finely chopped cashews.
- Layer clusters between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- cal. (kcal) 150,
- Fat, total (g) 9,
- sat. fat (g) 5,
- carb. (g) 16,
- fiber (g) 1,
- sugar (g) 12,
- pro. (g) 2,
- Thiamin (mg) 0,
- Riboflavin (mg) 0,
- Niacin (mg) 0,
- sodium (mg) 17,
- Potassium (mg) 61,
- calcium (mg) 10,
- iron (mg) 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet