Cranberry-Apple Corn Bread Stuffing
- In a large Dutch oven melt butter over medium heat. Add celery and onion; cook and stir about 5 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat.
- Stir corn bread, bread cubes, apples, cranberries, sage, thyme, salt, and pepper into onion mixture. Drizzle with enough of the 1 3/4 to 2 cups broth to moisten, tossing lightly to combine. Spoon stuffing into a 3-quart rectangular baking dish. (To serve today, omit Step 3 and continue as directed in Step 4, except bake, covered, for 35 minutes. Uncover. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes more or until hot in center [165 degrees F].)
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap; chill for up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. If chilled, remove plastic wrap. If desired, drizzle stuffing with an additional 1/4 cup chicken broth to moisten. Bake, covered, for 45 minutes. Uncover. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes more or until hot in center (165 degrees F).
Nutrition Facts (Cranberry-Apple Corn Bread Stuffing)
- Per serving:
- 293 kcal cal.,
- 14 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat,
- 49 mg chol.,
- 648 mg sodium,
- 37 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet