- Makes: 48 servings
- Serving Size: 1 shortbread bite
- Yields: 4 dozen shortbread bites
- Prep: 25 mins
- Chill: 30 mins
- Bake: 8 mins to 10 mins 350°F
Cranberry and Pepper Shortbread Bites
cup slivered almonds, toasted
cup cold butter
tablespoons pink peppercorns, crushed
tablespoons very finely snipped dried cranberries
Coarse salt or pearl decorating sugar (optional)
- In a food processor, process almonds until finely chopped. Add flour, sugar, cornstarch and salt; process with several on/off turns until mixed. Add butter and vanilla; process until slightly crumbly. Place dough on a lightly floured surface and divide in half. Add peppercorns to one half and knead until smooth. Add cranberries to other half and knead until smooth. Wrap each portion in plastic wrap and chill 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Roll one portion of dough to 1/4-inch thick. Cut with a 2-inch round cutter. Place 1-inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle with coarse salt or pearl decorating sugar.
- Bake about 8 to 10 minutes or until edges and bottoms just start to brown. Transfer to wire rack and let cool. Repeat with remaining portion of dough.
Nutrition Facts (Cranberry and Pepper Shortbread Bites)
- Per serving:
- 78 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 10 mg chol.,
- 58 mg sodium,
- 8 g carb.,
- 2 g sugar,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet