Crab Cakes with Orange Aioli
egg white, lightly beaten
tablespoons chopped green onions
tablespoons chopped red sweet pepper
teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
teaspoon Old Bay seasoning (seafood seasoning)
teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
ounces cooked crabmeat or two 6-ounce cans lump crabmeat, drained and cartilage removed
cup panko (Japanese-style bread crumbs)
tablespoon vegetable oil
Spinach leaves (optional)
recipe Orange Aioli
- In a large bowl combine egg, green onions, red pepper, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, Old Bay seasoning, and lemon-pepper seasoning. Add crabmeat; mix well. Shape into four patties. Press panko onto both sides of each patty.
- In a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the butter and 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium heat. Add patties and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden and heated through, turning once.
- If desired, serve warm on a bed of spinach. Serve with Orange Aioli.
cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
cup sour cream
teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
tablespoon orange juice
tablespoon snipped fresh chives
teaspoon ground coriander
- In a small bowl stir together mayonnaise or salad dressing, sour cream, finely shredded orange peel, orange juice, chopped fresh chives, and ground coriander.
Nutrition Facts(Crab Cakes with Orange Aioli)
- Per serving:
- 628 kcal cal.,
- 51 g fat
- (12 g sat. fat,
- 20 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 14 g monounsatured fat),
- 180 mg chol.,
- 1231 mg sodium,
- 11 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 3 g sugar,
- 29 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet