- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 8 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Bake: 12 mins to 14 mins 400°
Corned Beef and Cabbage Calzone
teaspoon caraway seeds, lightly crushed
ounces cooked corned beef, finely chopped
14 ounce package shredded cabbage with carrot (coleslaw mix)
teaspoon ground black pepper
13.8 ounce package refrigerated pizza dough
Bottled thousand island salad dressing (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease 2 baking sheets; set aside.
- For filling, in a 12-inch skillet cook caraway seeds over medium-high heat until lightly toasted. Add corned beef and onion. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add shredded cabbage with carrot and pepper. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until cabbage is wilted. Remove from heat. Cover and set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll pizza dough. Roll dough into a 16x16-inch rectangle. Cut into quarters with a pizza cutter or kitchen shears. If necessary, drain filling to remove excess liquid. Place one-fourth of the filling on each dough piece. Moisten edges with water and fold dough over filling to form a rectangle. Roll edges up. Press edges with a fork to seal. Place on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown, rotating sheets halfway through baking time. Using a large metal spatula, transfer calzones to a wire rack. Cool for 1 minute. If desired, serve with thousand island dressing.
From the Test Kitchen
Another time, substitute diced cooked ham or turkey for the corned beef and broccoli slaw for the shredded cabbage and carrot. If you like, serve with bottled ranch salad dressing instead of the thousand island.
Nutrition Facts (Corned Beef and Cabbage Calzone)
- Per serving:
- 380 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 42 mg chol.,
- 1206 mg sodium,
- 54 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 10 g sugar,
- 17 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet