Corn Salad with Queso Fresco
ears sweet corn or 4 cups frozen whole kernel corn
cups crumbled queso fresco (8 ounces)
cup finely chopped red sweet pepper (1 large)
fresh jalapeno chile pepper, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
cup olive oil
cup lime juice
tablespoons finely snipped fresh cilantro
teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cut corn from cobs, if using. In a large saucepan bring about 1/2 inch water to boiling. Place a steamer insert in the saucepan so bottom doesn't touch the water. Add corn to steamer insert. Cover and steam for 2 to 4 minutes or until corn is crisp-tender.
- In a large bowl combine corn, queso fresco, sweet pepper, red onion, and, if desired, chile pepper.
- For dressing, in a screw-top jar combine olive oil, lime juice, cilantro, salt, and black pepper. Cover and shake well to combine.
- Add dressing to corn mixture; toss gently to combine. Chill for 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts(Corn Salad with Queso Fresco)
- Per serving:
- 164 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 0 mg chol.,
- 129 mg sodium,
- 18 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 4 g sugar,
- 8 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet