Vanilla Santa's Sandwiches
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside. In large mixing bowl beat butter on medium 30 seconds. Add sugar; beat well. Beat in egg, vanilla, baking soda, and salt. Beat in as much flour as you can; stir in remaining by hand.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each half in a 7-inch log about 1-1/2 inches in diameter. (For small cookies, shape dough in 10-inch logs about 1 inch in diameter). Wrap in plastic wrap or waxed paper. Freeze 2 to 3 hours or until firm enough to slice.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut logs in 1/4-inch slices. Place 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or just until edges and tops of cookies are firm. Transfer to wire rack; cool completely.
- Spread the flat side of half the large cookies with 1 tablespoon Raspberry Filling (use 2 teaspoons filling for small cookies). Top with remaining cookies, flat sides to filling. Makes 22 large/30 small sandwiches.
- In small saucepan melt white chocolate over medium-low heat; cool. Meanwhile, in large mixing bowl beat butter until creamy. Beat in raspberry preserves and vanilla. Gradually beat in powdered sugar and cooled white chocolate. Add whipping cream until spreadable.
Nutrition Facts (Vanilla Santa's Sandwiches)
- Per serving:
- 194 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 29 mg chol.,
- 92 mg sodium,
- 31 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 30 g sugar,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet