Triple Chocolate Cookies
ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
teaspoon baking powder
cup granulated sugar
cup packed brown sugar
cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- In a 2-quart saucepan combine chocolates and butter. Heat and stir over low heat until smooth. Remove from heat. Let cool for 10 minutes. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine sugars and eggs. Beat with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 2 to 3 minutes or until color lightens slightly. Beat in melted chocolate. Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture; heat until combined. Stir in pecans. Cover surface of cookie dough with plastic wrap. Let stand for 20 minutes (dough thickens as it stands).
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or foil. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets. Bake in the preheated oven about 9 minutes or just until tops are set. Let stand for 1 minute on cookie sheet. Transfer to a wire rack; let cool. Spoon Chocolate Drizzle over cookies. Makes 60 cookies.
From the Test Kitchen
*Big Triple Chocolate Cookies:
Prepare as directed, except drop 3-tablespoon mounds of dough per cookie 3 inches apart onto cookie sheets. Bake for 13 minutes. Makes about 18 cookies.
cup semisweet chocolate pieces
- Combine semisweet chocolate pieces with shortening in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir until the chocolate melts and is smooth. Remove from heat. Place cooled cookies on a cookie sheet lined with parchment or waxed paper. Drizzle melted chocolates over tops. Place the entire cookie sheet in the freezer for 4 to 5 minutes or until chocolate is firm.
Nutrition Facts(Triple Chocolate Cookies)
- Per serving:
- 92 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 18 mg chol.,
- 29 mg sodium,
- 11 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet