Toffee Almond Shortbread Bites
- Preheat oven to 325 degree F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles fine crumbs and starts to cling. Stir in almonds and toffee pieces. Form the mixture into a ball and knead gently until smooth.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 1/4-inch thickness. Cut dough using a 1-1/4- to 1-1/2-inch scalloped or round cutter. Reroll dough as needed. Place rounds 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until bottoms just start to brown and edges are firm. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool. Makes about 30 cookies.
Nutrition Facts (Toffee Almond Shortbread Bites)
- Per serving:
- 62 kcal cal.,
- 4 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 9 mg chol.,
- 28 mg sodium,
- 6 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet