- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 ounce dark or bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 12.3 ounce package firm silken tofu, drained
- 1/4 cup brewed espresso, cooled
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 24 1 1/2 - 2 inch piece purchased angel food cake (about 1/2 of a 7-inch cake)
- 2 tablespoons brewed espresso, cooled, or coffee-flavored liqueur
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 12 chocolate-covered espresso beans
1. Place chocolate in a food processor. Cover and process until finely chopped. Add tofu, 1/4 cup espresso, sugar, lemon juice, and salt. Cover and process until nearly smooth.
2. Place a cake piece in the bottom of each of 12 shot glasses or demitasse cups, pressing lightly. Drizzle each with about 1/2 teaspoon espresso or liqueur. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the tofu mixture over each cake piece in the glasses. Top each with remaining cake pieces. Spoon remaining tofu mixture over each.
3. Place glasses on a tray. Cover with plastic wrap. Chill for 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
4. To serve, lightly sift cocoa powder over mixture in glasses and top each with an espresso bean.
- Servings Per Recipe 12,
- cal. (kcal) 74,
- Fat, total (g) 2,
- carb. (g) 12,
- sugar (g) 9,
- pro. (g) 3,
- Thiamin (mg) 0,
- Riboflavin (mg) 0,
- Niacin (mg) 0,
- sodium (mg) 86,
- Potassium (mg) 79,
- calcium (mg) 20,
- iron (mg) 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet