- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dark or bittersweet chocolate pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a food processor or blender, finely grind half of the almonds; set aside. In a large bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar, brown sugar, sea salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Beat until combined, scraping side of bowl occasionally. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined. Beat in flour and ground almonds until combined. Using a wooden spoon, stir in chocolate pieces and the remaining sliced almonds.
2. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cookies stand on cookie sheet for 1 minute. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; let cool. Makes about 30 cookies.
- Layer cookies between waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.