Sweet Honey-Ginger Bites
- In a small saucepan, combine honey and butter. Cook and stir over low heat until butter melts. Remove from heat. Pour mixture into a bowl and cool to room temperature.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, ginger, baking soda, and, if desired, pepper; set aside.
- Stir egg into cooled honey mixture. Gradually stir in flour mixture until combined; knead in the last of the flour mixture by hand, if necessary. Cover and chill about 1 hour or until dough is easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Divide dough into 12 portions*. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 10-inch long rope. Cut ropes into 1/2-inch pieces. Place pieces 1/2 inch apart in an ungreased shallow baking pan.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until tops are very lightly browned. Transfer cookies to paper towels to cool. Roll in powdered sugar.
Nutrition Facts (Sweet Honey-Ginger Bites)
- Per serving:
- 56 kcal cal.,
- 1 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 0 g monounsatured fat),
- 8 mg chol.,
- 26 mg sodium,
- 10 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 6 g sugar,
- 0 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet