Sugar Cookie Christmas Tree
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and shortening with an electric mixer for 30 seconds. Add sugar, baking powder, and salt; beat until combined. Beat in egg, milk, and vanilla until combined.
- Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour. Divide dough in half. Cover; chill dough about 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. On a lightly floured surface, roll half of the dough at a time to 1/8- to 1/4-inch thickness. Using desired tree-shaped cookie cutters, cut out dough.
- Place about 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until the edges are firm and bottoms are very lightly browned.
- Transfer to a wire racks and let cool. Frost with Royal Icing and decorate with sprinkles.
- Stir together powdered sugar, meringue powder, and cream of tartar. Add the 1/4 cup warm water. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until combined. Beat on high speed for 7 to 10 minutes until very stiff. Add the 1 to 2 tablespoons additional water, 1 teaspoon at a time, to make desired consistency.
How To Video
Lori Burns 161 Days Ago
The Royal Icing sets up nice and firm. Anyone know where to get the cookie cutter of the Christmas tree with swoop branches? Love it!
Mandy Fowler 1250 Days Ago
Why do the instructions talk about star-shaped cookies instead of Christmas trees?