Strawberry Shortbread Icicles
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In mixing bowl beat butter on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar, preserves, vanilla, peppercorns, and 1/4 tsp. salt; beat until well-combined. Beat in as much flour as you can; stir in remaining by hand.
- On lightly floured surface roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Use 6-to 7-inch round scallop-edge tart pan to cut rounds, re-rolling and cutting as needed (will have 3 to 4 rounds total). Using two spatulas, transfer 1 or 2 rounds to each prepared baking sheet, spacing 1 inch apart. Using a pizza cutter, randomly cut rounds in wedges; do not separate. Lightly brush with milk; sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake 16 to 20 minutes or until center are set and edges begin to brown. Remove baking sheets from oven. Recut wedges; let cool slightly on pan. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Ice cooled shortbread; arrange nonpareils. Makes about 3 dozen wedges.
- In bowl combine powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla. Stir in additional milk for spreading consistency.
Nutrition Facts (Strawberry Shortbread Icicles)
- Per serving:
- 96 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 14 mg chol.,
- 53 mg sodium,
- 11 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 4 g sugar,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet