Spicy Chocolate Shortbread
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a medium bowl stir together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, cocoa-chile blend, and cinnamon. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs and starts to cling. Knead dough until smooth; shape dough into a ball.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough until 1/2 inch thick. Using a 1-1/2- to 2-inch star-shape cookie cutter, cut out dough. Place cutouts 2 inches apart on an ungreased large cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or just until cookies are firm in the center. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool. Drizzle cookies with Chocolate Glaze. Let stand until glaze sets.
From the Test Kitchen
Place in layers separated by waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
- In a medium bowl stir together powdered sugar, unsweetened cocoa powder, and, if desired, ground cocoa-chile blend. Stir in butter and milk. If necessary, add additional milk until mixture reaches drizzling consistency.
Nutrition Facts (Spicy Chocolate Shortbread)
- Per serving:
- 81 kcal cal.,
- 4 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 11 mg chol.,
- 36 mg sodium,
- 11 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 5 g sugar,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet