cup granulated sugar
cup packed brown sugar
teaspoons pumpkin pie spice or apple pie spice
teaspoon baking soda
chow mein noodles
miniature candy-coated milk chocolate pieces
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter and shortening with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin pie or apple pie spice, and baking soda. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined. Beat or stir in flour.
- Shape dough into a 9-inch-long roll about 2 inches in diameter. Wrap in plastic wrap or waxed paper. Chill in the refrigerator for 5 to 24 hours or until firm enough to slice.
- Using a sharp knife, cut roll into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Cut each slice in half. Cut each candy bar into 12 rectangles or cut mint candies in half crosswise. For one mouse, place a half slice on an ungreased cookie sheet. Top the half slice with 1 chocolate bar rectangle. Place a chow mein noodle on one side, close to the flat edge, so it resembles a tail. Top with a second half slice. Gently press sides of slices together to seal. Gently press an almond slice into the cookie for an ear. Press in candy-coated chocolate pieces for an eye and nose. Repeat with remaining cookies and ingredients, placing cookies about 2 inches apart on the cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are golden. Cool on the cookie sheet for 1 minute. Carefully transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool. Makes 36 cookies.
Nutrition Facts(Spiced Mice)
- Per serving:
- 126 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 14 mg chol.,
- 43 mg sodium,
- 14 g carb.,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet