- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 8 ounce can (1/2 cup) almond paste
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded orange peel
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- Powdered food coloring
- 1 recipe Decorating Icing (see recipe below) (optional)
1. In a large mixing bowl beat butter and almond paste with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar and baking powder. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in egg and orange peel until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in remaining flour.
2. Pack unchilled dough into a cookie press fitted with a ribbon plate. Force dough through press onto an ungreased cookie sheet in the shape of a swirled scroll, cutting into desired lengths.
3. Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 5 to 6 minutes or until edges of cookies are firm but not brown. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool. When cooled, if desired, brush cookies with powdered food coloring and use Decorating Icing in a decorating bag with a writing tip to write names on cookies. Makes about 80 cookies.Decorating Icing::
4. In a small mixing bowl combine 3 cups sifted powdered sugar and enough milk (about 3 to 5 tablespoons) to make an icing of piping consistency. If desired, stir in a few drops of food coloring.
- Servings Per Recipe 80,
- cal. (kcal) 53,
- Fat, total (g) 3,
- chol. (mg) 9,
- sat. fat (g) 1,
- carb. (g) 6,
- pro. (g) 1,
- sodium (mg) 29,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet