Sandwich Cookie Pops
- Makes: 50 servings
- Prep: 1 hr
- Chill: 4 hrs
- Bake: 6 mins 375°F
Sandwich Cookie Pops
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt; set aside
- In a large bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar and beat until creamy and smooth. Beat in Chambord and vanilla. Beat in flour mixture.
- If dough is too sticky, cover and chill dough for 30 minutes or until easy to handle. Divide dough into two equal portions. Shape each portion into a 12-inch-long roll about 1 inch in diameter. Wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 4 to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cut the rolls into slices about 1/8 inch thick. Place 50 lollipop craft sticks 1-1/2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Place one dough slice on the top portion of each stick. Bake for 6 to 7 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Bake remaining cookie slices without sticks. Cool on cookie sheets 1 minute. Transfer to wire racks to cool.
- Spread a slightly rounded teaspoon of Raspberry Butttercream on the flat sides of the cookies with sticks. Top with remaining cookies, flat sides down.
- Place white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on 100 percent power (high) for 3 minutes until just melted, stirring after each minute; cool slightly. Holding pop by the stick; carefully dip and spoon melted chocolate over to coat; let excess chocolate drip off before placing on waxed or parchment. Sprinkle with nonpareils; cool. Makes 50 lollipop cookies.
From the Test Kitchen
Layer cookie pops between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 1 month. Let come to room temperature before serving.
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter for 30 seconds. Beat in 1 cup powdered sugar; Chambord or milk, and raspberry preserves. Beat in 1-1/2 cups additional powdered sugar.
Nutrition Facts (Sandwich Cookie Pops)
- Per serving:
- 163 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 12 mg chol.,
- 77 mg sodium,
- 20 g carb.,
- 17 g sugar,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet