- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 4 1/2 teaspoons meringue powder*
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1. In a large bowl, stir together powdered sugar, meringue powder, and cream of tartar. Add warm water and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until combined. Beat on high speed for 7 to 10 minutes or until mixture is very stiff. Makes about 2-1/2 cups icing.
- Meringue powder is a mixture of pasteurized dried egg whites, sugar, and edible gums. Look for it in the baking aisle of your supermarket or at a specialty food store.