- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 3 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate pieces
- 24 tiny marshmallows
1. In a medium bowl, combine 1/2 cup butter and cream cheese. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until mixture is combined. Add flour. Beat on low speed just until combined. Cover and chill dough for 30 to 60 minutes or until easy to handle.
2. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Shape dough into 24 balls. Press each ball evenly into the bottoms and up the sides of 24 ungreased 1-3/4-inch muffin cups; set aside.
3. In a small saucepan, combine 1/2 cup chocolate pieces and 2 tablespoons butter; heat and stir over low heat until melted. Remove from heat. Whisk in sugar, egg, and vanilla. Spoon chocolate mixture evenly into the pastry-lined cups.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until filling is puffed and pastry is golden brown. Quickly top tassies with pecans, the 2 tablespoons chocolate pieces, and the marshmallows. Bake 1 to 2 minutes more or until marshmallows are softened. Cool tassies in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes. Run a thin knife or thin metal spatula around the edge of each tassie and carefully remove from the muffin cup. Transfer tassies to a wire rack; let cool. Makes 24 tassies.
- Place tassies in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or in the freezer up to 3 months.