- Grease an 8x8x2-inch baking pan; set aside. For crust, beat the 1/3 cup butter in a medium mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add the 1/4 cup granulated sugar and beat until combined. Beat in 1 cup of the flour (mixture will be crumbly). Press the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining all-purpose flour and the 2 tablespoons granulated sugar in a small mixing bowl. Cut in the almond paste and the 2 tablespoons butter with a pastry blender until crumbly. Set almond paste mixture aside.
- Spread jam over top of the hot baked crust. Sprinkle almond paste mixture over the jam. Sprinkle with sliced almonds. Bake in the 350 degree F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until topping is golden. Cool in the pan on a wire rack.
- For icing, stir together powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon milk. Add additional milk, 1/4 teaspoon at a time, until icing is easy to drizzle. Drizzle over cookies. Cut into squares. Makes 16 squares.
Nutrition Facts (Raspberry-Almond Squares)
- Per serving:
- 171 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 14 mg chol.,
- 55 mg sodium,
- 23 g carb.,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet