Raisin-Nut Filled Cookies
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- Beat butter with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar and corn syrup; beat until combined. Add egg, milk, vanilla, and lemon flavoring; beat well. Add flour mixture; beat at low speed until combined. Divide dough in half. Cover and chill about 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut into rounds with a 2-1/2-inch cookie cutter.
- Place half of the cookies on lightly greased cookie sheets. Spoon a rounded teaspoon of Raisin-Nut Filling onto center of each cookie. Top with remaining cookies. Seal edges with a fork. Bake in a 375 degree F. oven for 10 minutes. Remove and cool on a wire rack. Makes about 32 cookies.
From the Test Kitchen
Bake and cool cookies. Store in a tightly covered container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Combine raisins and water in a saucepan; bring to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes; do not drain. Combine sugar and all-purpose flour; add to raisin mixture. Stir in corn syrup or honey lemon peel or orange peel, and lemon juice or orange juice. Cook and stir until mixture comes to boiling. Remove from heat. Stir in walnuts. Cool.
Nutrition Facts (Raisin-Nut Filled Cookies)
- Per serving:
- 126 kcal ,
- 4 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 14 mg chol. ,
- 77 mg sodium ,
- 22 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 2 g pro.