Quick Jam Drops
teaspoon baking powder
cup unsalted butter (6 oz.) at room temperature
cup granulated sugar
egg at room temperature
teaspoons pure vanilla extract
cup cranberry relish or orange marmalade
cup powdered sugar, sifted
tablespoons dried cranberries, snipped
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment; set aside. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter with electric mixer at medium-low speed until smooth and creamy. Add granulated sugar. Beat for 2 minutes or until well blended. Reduce speed to low. Add egg and beat for 1 minute. Add 2 Tbsp. milk and vanilla; beat for 1 minute more.
- With mixer at lowest speed, steadily add flour mixture, beating only a few seconds after flour is incorporated and a soft dough forms. Beat in relish until evenly incorporated.
- Using a small (2-tsp.) cookie scoop, drop dough onto prepared cookie sheets, about 2 inches between mounds. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or just until slightly firm and golden on bottoms. (If cookies bake unevenly, rotate cookie sheets top to bottom and back to front after 5 minutes.) Transfer cookies to cooling racks. Cool completely.
- For icing, in a medium bowl combine the powdered sugar and milk. Using a small spatula, stir until smooth for an icing the consistency of heavy cream. If needed, add milk in droplets to reach desired consistency. Stir in snipped cranberries. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Top each cookie with about 1/2 tsp. of icing. Let stand until set.
From the Test Kitchen
Drain in a sieve before using.
Place in an air tight container and hold for up to three days.
Nutrition Facts(Quick Jam Drops)
- Per serving:
- 79 kcal cal.,
- 3 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 13 mg chol.,
- 25 mg sodium,
- 12 g carb.,
- 6 g sugar,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet