- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 17 1/2 ounce package sugar cookie mix
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 recipe Browned Butter Icing (see recipe below)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine dry cookie mix, butter, egg, pumpkin pie spice, and nutmeg. Stir with a wooden spoon until a stiff dough forms; if necessary, knead to combine.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Using a 1-1/2- to 2-1/2-inch star-shape cookie cutter, cut out dough. Re-roll trimmings and repeat cutting dough. Arrange cutouts 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake in preheated oven about 8 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute. Transfer to a wire rack; cool. Drizzle with Brown Butter Icing. Makes 36 large stars or 72 small stars.
- Place cookies in a a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
1. In a small saucepan, heat butter over low heat about 15 minutes or until browned (be careful not to burn). Remove from heat. Stir in powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla. Immediately drizzle over cooled cookies (icing will harden quickly).