- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 - 2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted (optional)
- Chopped almonds, toasted (optional)
- Finely chopped crystallized ginger (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Beat mixture until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in egg, pumpkin, and the 1 to 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger. Gradually add flour, beating until combined. If desired, stir in 1/2 cup almonds.
2. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.
3. Place Browned Butter Drizzle in a heavy resealable plastic bag. Seal bag and snip a small hole in one corner. Drizzle icing over cookies. If desired, sprinkle cookies with additional chopped almonds and crystallized ginger, pressing additions lightly into icing. Let cookies stand until drizzle sets. Makes about 4 dozen.
- Layer cookies between waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days. Or freeze unfrosted cookies for up to 3 months; thaw and ice cookies.
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 - 3 tablespoons milk
1. In a medium saucepan heat butter over low heat until melted. Continue heating butter until it turns a delicate brown. Remove pan from heat. Slowly beat in powdered sugar, vanilla, and enough milk to make an icing of drizzling consistency.