Pumpkin and spice are a popular combo. Add some crunchy pecans and a brown sugar frosting and you're in for an scrumptious treat.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a medium mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and allspice. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the butter with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Beat in the sugar. Add the egg; beat well. Stir pumpkin and flour mixture into egg mixture with a wooden spoon. Stir in the chopped pecans.
- Drop the dough by a rounded teaspoon about 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Transfer the cookies to wire racks; cool. Frost the cooled cookies with Brown-Sugar Butter Frosting. about 40 cookies.
From the Test Kitchen
Place in layers separated by waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze unfrosted cookies for up to 3 months. Thaw, then frost cookies.
Brown-Sugar Butter Frosting
- In a medium saucepan heat butter and packed brown sugar over medium heat until butter is melted. Remove mixture from heat. Stir in sifted powdered sugar and vanilla. Add enough hot water to make a smooth, spreadable frosting. Frost the cooled cookies immediately after preparing frosting. If frosting becomes grainy, add a few more drops of hot water and stir frosting until smooth.