- In a medium mixing bowl stir together the flour, baking powder, nutmeg, and cardamom; set aside. In a small mixing bowl beat the eggs with an electric mixer on high speed about 4 minutes or until thick and lemon-colored. Using medium speed, gradually beat in the sugar.
- Beat in the cooled butter and the vanilla. Add flour mixture; beat on low speed until combined.
- Heat electric pizzelle iron according to manufacturers directions. (Or, heat pizzelle iron on range top over medium heat until a drop of water sizzles on the grid. Reduce heat to medium-low.)
- For each pizzelle, place a slightly rounded tablespoon of batter on pizzelle iron, slightly off-center toward back of grid. Close lid. Bake according to manufacturers directions. (For a nonelectric iron, bake about 2 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.) Turn pizzelles out onto a paper towel to cool. Repeat with remaining batter. Makes 18 pizzelles.
Nutrition Facts (Pizzelles)
- Per serving:
- 125 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 40 mg chol.,
- 102 mg sodium,
- 19 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet