Pistachio Cookie Cups
The crust for these sweet cookies is pressed into muffin cups. Dried cherries and pistachio nuts make up the filling in the recipe.
- Makes: 24 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Cool: 5 mins
- Bake: 25 mins to 28 mins 350°F
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl, combine butter, cream cheese, and granulated sugar. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until mixture is combined. Add flour and orange peel, beating on low speed just until combined. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, combine powdered sugar, 1/3 cup of the pistachio nuts, the dried cranberries, and egg; mix well.
- Press a scant 1 tablespoon of the dough evenly into the bottoms and up the sides of 24 ungreased 1-3/4-inch muffin cups. Spoon filling into muffin cups, filling each about three-fourths full. Top with the remaining pistachio nuts.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 28 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is puffed and set. Cool in muffin pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack. Makes 24 cookies.
Layer cookies between waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.