This slice-and-bake cookie recipe includes the delicate flavors of pistachio and white chocolate and a zesty twist of citrus.
- Makes: 42 servings
- Yields: 42 cookies
- Prep: 35 mins
- Cool: 1 hr
- Bake: 36 mins 375/325 degrees F
teaspoon baking powder
teaspoons finely shredded orange peel
ounces white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In mixing bowl beat butter on medium to high 30 seconds. Add sugar and baking powder; beat until combined, scraping bowl. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add cornmeal and as much flour as you can with mixer. Stir in remaining flour, 1 cup nuts, and orange peel.
- Shape dough in three 8x1-1/2-inch loaves. Place 4 inches apart on large ungreased cookie sheet; flatten slightly. Bake 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on sheet 1 hour.
- Reduce oven to 325 degrees F. On cutting board cut each loaf in 1/2-inch slices; return slices to cookie sheet. Bake 8 minutes. Turn cookies; bake 8 to 10 minutes more or until browned. Cool on racks.
- In saucepan melt white chocolate and shortening. Dip cookies in melted chocolate, sprinkle with remaining nuts. Let set on waxed paper. Makes 42 cookies.
From the Test Kitchen
Store in airtight container in single layer at room temperature up to 3 days.
Nutrition facts are given per cookie.
Nutrition Facts (Pistachio Biscotti)
- Per serving:
- 115 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 14 mg chol.,
- 37 mg sodium,
- 13 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 5 g sugar,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet