- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup cold butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup finely chopped candied pineapple
- Pineapple Icing (see recipe below)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs and starts to cling. Stir in macadamia nuts and candied pineapple. Form mixture into a ball and knead until nearly smooth.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough 1/4 inch thick. Using a 2-inch cookie cutter, cut dough into desired shapes. Reroll scraps no more than once. Place cutouts 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until bottoms just start to brown. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool. Transfer Pineapple Icing to a decorating bag and pipe designs on cookies, as desired. Let stand until icing is set. Makes 3 dozen.
- Place cookies in layers separated by waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days. Or freeze undecorated cookies for up to 3 months; thaw cookies, then pipe with icing.
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 - 4 teaspoons unsweetened pineapple juice
1. In a small mixing bowl, stir together powdered sugar and vanilla. Stir in enough pineapple juice to make an icing of piping consistency.