- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1/4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons seedless raspberry jam or apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon rum, brandy, or milk
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a large bowl stir together flour and brown sugar. Using a pastry blender, cut in the butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Stir in pecans. Knead mixture until it forms a ball. Divide dough in half.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough into a 7-inch-long log. Place logs four inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Make a 1/4-inch-deep groove down the center of each log, leaving a 1/2-inch edge on the ends. Stir jam until nearly smooth (snip any large pieces of fruit if using apricot preserves). Spoon jam into grooves.
3. Bake 30 minutes or until logs are light brown. Cool logs completely on cookie sheet on a wire rack. Cut cooled logs into 1-inch slices. In a small bowl stir together powdered sugar and rum until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Makes about 14 cookies.
- Layer cookies between waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.