It's that peanut butter and chocolate duo that is a delightful combination. Always a Christmas cookie favorite, this treat can be frozen for make-ahead convenience.
- Yields: 32 cookies
- Prep: 35 mins
- Bake: 8 mins 350°F per batch
- In a medium bowl stir together flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl combine butter, the 1/2 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, and 1/4 cup of the peanut butter; beat with mixer until combined. Add egg, milk, and vanilla; beat well. Beat in as much flour mixture as you can with mixer. Using wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour mixture. Shape dough into 32 balls, each about 1-1/4 inches in diameter. Set aside.
- For filling, in bowl combine powdered sugar and remaining 1/2 cup peanut butter. With mixer beat until smooth; knead by hand if necessary. Shape into 32 balls.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. On work surface, flatten a chocolate dough ball; top with peanut butter ball. Shape flattened dough over peanut butter ball, completely covering peanut butter ball; reshape into ball. Repeat with remaining balls.
- Place balls 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Flatten with bottom of glass dipped in the 2 tablespoons granulated sugar. Bake about 8 minutes. Let stand 1 minute. Transfer to racks; Cool. Makes 32 cookies.
Place in layers separated by waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Per serving:
- 127 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 14 mg chol.,
- 72 mg sodium,
- 16 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet