Peanut Butter and Chocolate Pinwheels
When time is short, cut the chilling step for this homemade slice-and-bake cookie recipe in half by freezing dough logs about 30 minutes or until firm enough to slice.
- Yields: About 60 cookies
- Prep: 25 mins
- Bake: 8 mins
- In a large mixing bowl combine peanut butter cookie dough and flour; use a wooden spoon to mix well. Divide dough in half.
- In another large mixing bowl combine sugar cookie dough and cocoa powder; use another wooden spoon to mix well. Divide dough in half.
- Between pieces of waxed paper, roll out half of the peanut butter dough and half of the sugar cookie dough into 12x6-inch rectangles. Remove the top pieces of waxed paper. Invert one rectangle on top of the other; press down gently to seal. Remove top piece of waxed paper. Tightly roll up into a spiral, starting from a long side. Repeat with remaining dough portions.
- If desired, sprinkle half of the peanuts onto waxed paper. Roll 1 log of dough in peanuts. Wrap in waxed paper or plastic wrap. Repeat with remaining dough and peanuts, if desired. Wrap and chill dough logs 1 hour or until firm enough to slice.
- Using a sharp knife, cut dough logs into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Place slices 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are firm. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool. Makes about 60 cookies.
Shape logs of dough; wrap and chill up to 1 week or freeze up to 1 month. Thaw frozen dough 3 hours in refrigerator before slicing.
- Per serving:
- 77 kcal cal.,
- 4 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 3 mg chol.,
- 69 mg sodium,
- 10 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet