Peanut Butter and Caramel Chip Cookies
cup crunchy peanut butter
cup granulated sugar
cup packed brown sugar
cups packaged biscuit mix
10 ounce package milk-chocolate-and-caramel-swirled pieces, or 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate pieces or milk-chocolate-and-peanut-butter pieces
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine peanut butter, butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar; beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Add egg, beating until combined. Add biscuit mix, beating on low speed just until mixture is combined. Stir in 1 cup of the chocolate pieces.
- Drop dough portions by rounded measuring tablespoon 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until bottoms begin to brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine remaining chocolate pieces and the shortening; heat and stir over low heat until melted. Cool slightly.
- Cool cookies on cookie sheet for 1 minute. Transfer to a wire rack; cool. Drizzle with melted chocolate mixture. Makes about 30 cookies.
From the Test Kitchen
Place cookies in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator up to 3 days.