Upload your photo here.
Pastel Cream Wafers
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place flour in a medium bowl. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until pieces are pea-size. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the half-and-half over part of mixture. Gently toss with a fork and push to side of bowl. Repeat until all is moistened. Form dough into a ball.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough until slightly less than 1/8 inch thick. Using a 1-3/4-inch fluted round cookie cutter, cut out dough. Place cutouts 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges start to brown. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool.
- Spread Powdered Sugar Frosting on bottoms of half of the cookies, using scant 1 teaspoon for each cookie. Top with the remaining cookies, bottoms sides down. Before serving, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
From the Test Kitchen
Place sandwich cookies in layers separated by waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months. Before serving, thaw cookies, if frozen, and sprinkle with more powdered sugar, if desired.
Powdered Sugar Frosting
- In a small bowl stir together powdered sugar, butter, vanilla, food coloring, and enough of the light cream or half-and-half to make a spreadable frosting.
Nutrition Facts (Pastel Cream Wafers)
- Per serving:
- 95 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 16 mg chol.,
- 47 mg sodium,
- 10 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 5 g sugar,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet